Introduction to the job
Does supporting a number of (senior) managers in a dynamic environment energize you?
Due to our growth, we are continuously looking for new talent. We like to welcome pro-active team players who can deliver high quality services to our Management Support Organization (MSO). The Management Support Organization (MSO) is a central department consisting of around 170 people, supporting over 550 managers. ASML continues to grow, emphasizing the importance of professional support of our (senior) managers.
ASML is a leading provider of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry. We make machines that make chips – the hearts of the devices that keep us informed, entertained and safe; that improve our quality of life and help to tackle the world’s toughest problems. We build some of the most amazing machines that you will ever see, and the software to run them. Over 30.000 people in 16 countries are currently employed by ASML.
Are you ready to be part of our progress?
Role and responsibilities
As Senior Management Assistant, you act as a trusted business partner to senior managers. You support managers in an administrative & organized way, applying proactivity, initiative, discretion and confidentiality to guarantee an effective and efficient execution of all management support activities. You are the linking pin between managers, colleagues and various departments. Moreover, you take ownership of your work while demonstrating a strong drive to achieve results and you show determination when facing obstacles. You will pro-actively search for ways to improve customer service and independently manage expectations to meet the (future) needs of managers. Finally, by taking a helicopter view, you are able to identify process improvements and will continuously seek for new ways of working in our fast changing and international environment.
The tasks of the Senior Management Assistant include but are not limited to:
- Calendar & meeting management: Effectively and efficiently managing the agenda of your managers. Booking rooms and facilities.
- E-mail management: Pro-actively screening and sorting inbox. React to e-mails; filter out what you can do. Prioritize and make your managers aware of certain topics that come up.
- Communication: Send out announcements, newsletters, reports etc. Act as first point of contact for questions or requests from internal and external parties to appointed managers or departments. Liaise with various stakeholders in ASML as well as with visitors, customers, suppliers and/or external relations.
- Facility services: e.g., registration and reception of visitors, floor management.
- Travel & expense management: Optimize travel of high complexity in different time zones, think ahead and take decisions. Prepare travel expense reports.
- Meeting preparation and participation: Organize and coordinate meetings (e.g., workshops, events) of the assigned department or managers, take and distribute minutes and action lists.
- Project and year planning support: Involved in assigned projects. Acquire overall knowledge of the department year plan, activities, projects and daily priorities in order to ensure smooth information and workflow. Secure the quality.
- Event management: Involved in the organization of events of your department. Application of project management support in the development and delivery of small/large personal and/or corporate events such as technology day, manufacturing day or all employee meeting.
Education and experience
- You have completed a bachelor’s degree (HBO) or achieved similar level based on work experience.
- At least 7-10 years of experience as a management assistant in an international and complex environment.
- You are fluent in both spoken and written English and Dutch.
- Complex international calendar management experience is a must.
- Experience working in a dynamic international environment with multiple stakeholders is highly preferred.
As a Senior Management Assistant:
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to communicate with diverse stakeholders at different levels and open to receiving and giving feedback.
- You take ownership of your work, are results-oriented and have a gettings-things-done attitude.
- You are able to work independently, to identify and solve problems in a timely manner and escalate when necessary.
- You are flexible, have an open mind for change and new developments and also make recommendations for improvements to ultimately professionalize the MSO further.
- You are an enthusiastic person with a positive mindset and a drive to success
- You show proactivity, take initiative and knows how to set priorities
- You handle confidential business matters with absolute discretion and integrity.
- You are a team player and act as a role model for the rest of your team.
- You are able to translate policy or planning into group objectives.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
This is a recurrent role which means that we open several similar vacancies through the year. It may be that at the time of your application we do not have a role open but, if you have a suitable profile, we will still have interviews to make sure that as soon as position opens you can be considered.
For most positions, we are looking for candidates who are available 32-40 hours. Please mention your availability in your cover letter
Interested? Please apply with your CV and cover letter!
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.
- Fulltime / parttime
- Junior (starter)
- Contract type
- Tijdelijk contract, Vast contract
- Management support