Transportation Procurement Representative
Transportation Procurement Representative
Fulltime | Rotterdam
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world’s largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. Our products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
This is the role
The Transportation Procurement Representative manages the accurate and timely execution and recording of contracts with transportation, logistics and warehousing companies for proper costing and functioning of accounts payables for the business segment O&P and I&D and warehouse services business in Europe. The jobholder harmonizes & coordinates contract management procedures and supports in the execution of logistics procurement activities in close collaboration with the Land Shipping Procurement team.
The jobholder is expected to define process improvements, to be able to convert the improvements into tangible projects and to execute these. In addition the jobholder will be participating in interdepartmental projects, acting as a Super User and knowledge sharing as Subject Matter Expert.
SAP / TiContract recording
- Provide accurate and up-to-date recording of relevant contracts (transportation, warehousing & services) centrally in SAP and TiContract for the O&P & ID business in Europe.
- Maintain the relevant service contracts in SAP and TiContract for Logistics procurement Europe
SAP Super User
- Acts as Super User at EU level. Bring in ideas and share new processes within Supply Chain EU. Support and address in case of SAP problems i.e. open and follow up tickets
- Check accuracy of Suppliers Master Data in the SAP system in liaison with Master Data team
Procedures, Policies & Improvements
- Create, revise and keep procedures and work instructions up to date in conjunction with other departments
- Provide training, guidance, and functional expertise as needed to assist and train colleagues in the organization
- Share, develop and apply best practices within the organization with respect to office organization, documentation, filing, etc
- Continuous process improvements in O&P + I&D and warehousing services and implementation of process changes
- Coordinate the Self-billing process for transportation for all European Land Shipping Hauliers
This is what you bring
Bachelor degree preferred or equivalent level of experience in industry, IT capabilities (SAP, MS Office, advanced experience using formulas in excel)
Minimum 2-3 years of relevant Supply Chain/business experience. Logistics or supply chain experience preferred.
Functional Competencies and Skills:
- Transportation and SCM knowledge
- Planning capability and organized time management
- IT skills (SAP, MS Office)
- Analytical and numerical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Presentation skills
- Networking skills
- English – fluent
- Basic knowledge of other European languages a plus
- Customer Focus – Anticipates and acts with the customer in mind; is dedicated to meeting and/or exceeding the expectations and requirements of the customer to deliver exceptional value; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and continually seeks feedback and information to improve products and services.
- Drive for Results – Steadfastly pushes self and others for results; works with passion and a sense of urgency; seeks opportunities to improve results and processes in a proactive manner; contributes to the goals and profitability of the company.
- Interpersonal Capability – Builds appropriate rapport with others; is comfortable receiving coaching and feedback from others; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; diffuses even high-tension situations comfortably; encourages cooperation and collaboration; is candid with others; solves problems with others with a minimum of noise.
- Integrity & Building Trust – Presents the truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; takes responsibility for mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain; practices what he or she preaches; Recognizes the right behaviors and disapproves of the inappropriate ones.
- Process & Safety Management – Simplifies complex processes and sees opportunities for process synergy and integration; seeks to reduce variances in organization processes; leverages technology to positively impact efficiency and quality; gets more out of fewer resources; ensures a work environment where nothing is more important than personal and process safety.
This is what we offer
We offer an environment where we encourage personal and professional growth and where you will be rewarded for your performance and results. You will have the possibility to work with specialist on all fields to develop innovative solutions and to extend your national and international network. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary package.
Please feel free to call Chris de Boer at +316 48375361 for more details. Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation and resume via the application button.
Acquisition due to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Keywords: Transportation Procurement Representative, Transport, Procurement, Transportation, Supply Chain Management, SCM, Supply Chain, SAP, MS Office