Content Writer and Editor Bike Europe
Vakmedianet is the leading business-to-business publishing company in the Netherlands in new and established media channels. Our expert editors offer tailor-made subject information for more than 1.2 million professionals in various fields and sectors. Vakmedianet is currently transforming its strategy from ‘online first’ to ‘digital only’. Vakmedianet currently employs more than 300 people.
Published by Vakmedianet, Bike Europe is the leading trade journal for the international e-bike and bicycle industry, putting various markets within and outside of Europe in perspective. Our global network of correspondents provide unique insights into the various two-wheeler markets. With our detailed analysis of markets worldwide, we offer professionals the tools to navigate their way through the maze of trade barriers in this global industry. We help them to find answers about the relevant rules and regulations and to understand all the complexities of this cross-cultural, multilingual sector. Both in print and particularly online, Bike Europe supplies the market with up-to-the-minute breaking news, in-depth reports, product information and full coverage of major industry events.
As Content Writer and Editor, you will:
- Source, conceptualize, create and craft compelling relevant English-language content for our bicycle-business readers.
- Interview key professionals in the industry as the basis for writing your own news reports and articles.
- Turn often-complex corporate press releases and information as well as English-language submissions by non-native correspondents into must-see and must-read content that is delivered across a mix of media formats, including digital, print and video.
- Play an active part in Bike Europe’s transition to a ‘digital only’ strategy (www.bike-eu.com plus various social media platforms).
- Work in a small team (alongside one colleague) and show a high degree of responsibility and commitment.
- Contribute to Bike Europe publications in all channels on a daily basis.
- Keenly monitor the ever-changing world of the (electric) bicycle industry, from business to tech and from politics to legal , including by attending industry events.
- Travel internationally on a regular basis.
Qualifications and experience:
- Educated to degree level (and preferably with a degree in journalism).
- A successful background as an (online) editor or journalist/writer is essential – ideally with a proven track record in the e-bike and/or bicycle industry.
- Demonstrable online content creation skills, with a strong focus on building reader loyalty.
About the team:
You will report to the Editor-in-chief and work closely with colleagues in marketing, audience development, events and sales.
- A challenging job with plenty of scope for your own initiative
- Full-time employment (36 hours a week)
- A competitive salary and attractive secondary employment conditions
- Located: Alphen aan den Rijn/Doetinchem, the Netherlands
Click the ‘Solliciteren’ button and send your motivated application with a resume to HR manager Ad Heijblok.
For more information about this position, contact Bike Europe Editor in chief Jan-Willem van Schaik, via +31 88 5840619 or firstname.lastname@example.org