DLF is a global seed company dealing in forage and amenity grass seeds, among other seed crops.
With a 50% market share in Europe and 25% worldwide, there's a good chance the animals that provide your milk, meat and wool gathered the nutrition they needed from DLF grass. If you enjoy sport, you may well have seen your favourite team score on a pitch turfed with DLF grass. And if you like relaxing on your own garden lawn, that too may well have begun life as a sack of DLF seeds.
DLF is the global market leader providing grass and clover seeds to more than 80 countries. DLF is owned by a cooperative of Danish grass-seed farmers.
Coordinating, analysing and processing with a clear vision and the right mindset
· You will be responsible for assisting preparation, coordination and logistics of trials needed for the DLF perennial grass breeding activities.
· Collecting, digital processing and analysing phenotypic and genotypic crop properties.
· You will be responsible for the coordination of projects, such as the cleaning of the grass seeds.
· You will spend a lot of time outside in all types of weather e.g. making observations.
· You like variations in your tasks on a daily basis, and rise to the challenge every time.
· Reporting on the progress of and responsible for the follow-up of breeding activities.
· Making recommendations for adjustments and improvement of systems and processes.
· You will be supporting others in subject-specific topics such as research on varieties, perennial grass seed production, varietal choices and sustainability.
· Providing solicited and unsolicited support to the local organisation.
· You will report to the Head Breeder Grass Seeds.
Curious, want to know everything, gain knowledge and analytical to the extreme
Completed BSc or MSc in Life Sciences, preferably in Plant Breeding.
· This role could be a graduate job, but practical agricultural or horticultural experience is a must.
· Practical rather than theoretical mindset.
· Affinity with breeding processes and systems
· An eye for detail and persistent.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and team player facilitating cross-functional collaboration.
· The ability to work independently and also in a team environment.
· Good knowledge of the Dutch and English language.
- Curious and transparant.
- Proactive and with self-initiative.
- Team player and able to work independently.
- Social and hands-on.
- Committed and honest.
- Sharp and accurate.
Region Netherlands, the breeding office is based in Moerstraten, Noord Brabant.
A great opportunity to live and work for an outstanding company, where you can put all your expertise to work together to build success. The organisation is developing and therefore many career opportunities.
DLF has outsourced the recruitment for the post Assistant Breeder. For more information you can contact Taco van der Louw +31(0)653526246. Applications exclusively through www.freshrecruitment.nl. Detailed information about the organization can be found at https://www.dlf.nl/. A personality questionnaire is part of the procedure.
The People inside FreshRecruitment are entrepreneur specializing in Recruitment and Executive Search in the Food & Agribusiness at Bachelors and Masters level. We believe that the current network economy, new solutions and organizational needs organizations where professionalism is central and mutual trust serves as cement. Therefore, we unite in FreshRecruitment skilled professionals as self-employed work. By strengthening the professionalism and entrepreneurship we distinguish ourselves in the market. We share the passion for people and are above average in commitment and energy. We work with a large network (Europe, Asia, Africa, South America) The market areas are:Food, Agri, Retail (FMCG/ OOH), Food Technology, Nutrition, Biobased, Life Sciences, Animal Scienes, Agro chemicals, Veterinary pharmaceuticals, Technology, Plant Sciences, Organic Agriculture, Floriculture and Horticulture The function specializations, both permanent and contract positions are: General Manager(s), Managing board, Plantmanagement, Manufacturing, Sales & Marketing, Financial, Human Resources (HRM), Operations, Logistics (Supply Chain), Purchasing, Buyer, Trader, Research & Development (R&D), Food Technologist, Product Developer, Nutritionist, Quality (QA / QESH/SHE), Engineering, Projectmanagement en Procestechnology.